Milan 2010 in Color
If Milan 2010 were introduced as a new Crayola color, some might argue that "Ash Cloud Grey" would be the most appropriate shade. Air travel through northern Europe at the tail end of the fair was an impossibility due to the eruptions of Eyjafjallajokull in Iceland, so rather than continue to reflect on the city-wide scope of international design on display, Salone ended with a hard-stop for many. Attentions were turned to making one's way—if not back home, then somewhere else—and labyrthine terrestial voyages ensued. Rather than let the volcanic dust remain the predominant shade, I've selected some of the best and brightest that I saw. Click through to the slideshow to see a selection of hue-tiful pieces that truly popped.
@current / @total
- Last week, Dwell visited this year’s fall edition of the design and interiors trade show Maison & Objet.
- Moustache is a new French company debuting their contemporary home furnishings at Salone this year.
- Dwell is in Milan this week, reporting on the furniture industry's biggest design fair, Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
- Welcome to my third and final installment of highlights from Maison & Objet 2011. You can find the first two here and here.
- Dwell editors Sam Grawe and Jordan Kushins are on the ground in Milan reporting on the 2009 Salone del Mobile. They'll be sharing highlights as they go.
- Day three of non-stop design action at the Milan Furniture Fair delivered another great slideshow of new furniture and lighting.
- It's about mid-way through the 2012 Stockholm Design Week and I've been traveling to studios, showrooms, and the show floor of the Furniture and Light Fair to seek out what's new in Scandinavian…
The color of this Corbu-Perriand-Jeanneret-designed LC2 came far after the fact, as Cassina reissued the 1928 black-and-steel-classic this year in a series of bold tones.The new hues may not be to everyone's taste, but it's most likely unanimous that the chair itself is still a masterpiece.