Medlock Ames' New Tasting Room
When I was in Healdsburg checking out H2Hotel, I took a little detour to Medlock Ames' recently opened tasting room and bar, which is on the site and in the footprint of the century-old Alexander Valley Bar and Store, just north of downtown Healdsburg. Architect Luke Wade, builder Andy Bannister, and Medlock Ames' general manager Kenneth Rochford showed me around.
@current / @total
- Architecture and food are both best when experienced first-hand, so what better way is there to celebrate the restaurant designs of CCS Architecture than by joining in on an eating tour with the…
- The Boy Scouts of America builds a sustainable tree house in West Virginia.
- No matter the month, it's never too cold or too early to start planning for major eco-impact.
- For most of us, Ligne Roset pieces are the stuff that design dreams are made of.
- With forethought and engineering, a rooftop can be a very valuable bit of real estate. Here are six cool roofs that not only work overhead, but underfoot.
- Established in 2009, Robin Standefer and Stephen Alesch of Roman and Williams has been churning out tenacious restaurant designs in The Big Apple and beyond.
- In an era of sustainability, nothing should go to waste, and a roof should be no exception. We take a look at seven innovative rooftops where lush gardens and garden parties alike can thrive.
- What's the secret recipe for an unforgettable dining experience?