Maison & Objet 2011: Part One
Hello from Paris! Right after my flight landed, I made a beeline from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Nord Villepinte, where the famed design fair Maison & Objet is held twice a year. I had no idea the fair was so huge—nor that it tended, in such extremes, toward the chintzy, glamorous, and/or cutesy. But once I made my way through the gauntlet of candle displays and damask curtains and discovered Hall #8 (entitled "Now! Design á Vivre") I knew I was in the right place. Scores of booths from many of today's most exciting design talent proffered both their latest wares and their best-sellers, in a colorful jumble of creativity that made my head spin.
@current / @total
- Welcome to my third and final installment of highlights from Maison & Objet 2011. You can find the first two here and here.
- Last week, Dwell editors surveyed the scene at the annual design and interiors trade show, Maison&Objet in Paris.
- Last week, Dwell visited this year’s fall edition of the design and interiors trade show Maison & Objet.
- Following our editors' dispatches from the Maison&Objet furniture fair in Paris (here and here!), we rounded up a few more points of excellence from the French design capital.
- Last weekend, contributing blogger Scott Newlin attended Maison & Objet, a Parisian fair featuring objects that range from furniture to gifts to home decor.
- Dwell editors arrived at Maison&Objet in Paris on Friday to survey the scene.
- Maison & Objet, the annual winter design show in Paris, ended last week, and it's taken seven whole days to catch our collective breath and clean off our camera's memory card.
- This week, Dwell editors are onsite in Paris for the 2013 fall edition of the design and interiors trade show Maison & Objet.