Los Angeles Designers at Milan Design Week
@current / @total
For this exhibition, designer Tanya Aguiñiga will create a site-specific structure of criss-crossed yarn with floating woven pieces. The piece will be intersected with furniture made specifically for the exhibition; the work will experiment with boundaries and suspension. The result will be a sort of cave where visitors can seek respite, with a mix of the functional and the purely aesthetic—a connection of disparate planes.
- Business as usual for ReForm School founders Billie Lopez and Tootie Maldonado means far more than simply managing their popular Silver Lake, California, shop.
- Probably most striking is Tanya Aguiniga's ability to blend traditional craft techniques with modern furniture design and not lose any of the heart or the style of either application.
- When Los Angeles-based furniture and textile designer/maker Tanya Aguiñiga was approached by the Craft and Folk Art Museum to create an exhibition of her work, the artist had an off-the-wall…
- Inspired by her natural surroundings, a Dutch felt artist intuitively crafts a home on a northern Holland harbor.
- Famed Danish silversmith Georg Jensen has debuted two new collections from designers Louise Campbell and Aldo Bakker to coincide with the 53rd Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan.
- The Texas designer shares how to create spaces that simultaneously stand out and stand the test of time.
- As part of Dwell on Design Artist in Residence Tanya Aguiñiga's audience-interactive atelier on the show floor, she will be creating and donating handcrafted blankets as part of “Move-in Kits” with…