London's 100% Design
Albeit with more drizzle and more crowded aisles, 100% Design in Earls Court, London, resembles New York’s International Contemporary Furniture Fair in that it is small and easily digested. 100% Design has its share of big-booth brands and practical tools, materials and production processes for the foot soldiers of the interior design industry but this year, it also featured interesting international contingents from Chile, Norway, Korea and the UK, and a couple of strong examples of booth design, one by Dutchman Ben van Berkel’s UN Studio and the other by Paris-born, New York-based designer and musician Sebastien Agneessens for, of all things, a Turkish real estate developer-cum-design lab called Nef.
Showing image @current of @total
- The annual London Design Festival attracts both emerging and established creatives, who gather each fall to present their latest creations.
- Last year at Dwell on Design our pals at Italian website designboom curated the wonderful show Kitchen Ecology. This year they’re back with a passel of new domestic products from all over Asia.
- It’s been a rather momentous year for London as the city played host to the Olympic Games and celebrated the Queens diamond Jubilee.
- At the entrance of Habitare, Finland's largest furniture and interiors expo, designer Yrjö Kukkapuro has curated an exhibition of ecologically-minded chairs.
- You can have your pick of a wide assortment of couches, chairs and tables at the 100% Design trade fair at Earl's Court in London, but some of the objects that made the biggest impression were the…
- Situated on the Thames, moments from the 1894 Tower Bridge and the 2002 City Hall, the Design Museum's location invites reflection on London's design and architectural history.
- In honor of International Women's Day (today!), we're celebrating ten brilliant women in design as featured in Dwell. And, be sure to check out 25 more women in design here.
- East London-based typographer, illustrator, and designer Jing Zhang revisits the ABCs with her highly detailed 26 lettered collection of the English alphabet.