London Design Festival: Day 2
I spent my second day at the London Design Festival in the Shoreditch Design Triangle in East London. The neighborhood is a good deal scrappier than where I was in the west yesterday, but the place was positively abuzz with energy. I adored the small show I saw called "Living Room" in the shop Luna and Curious, and had a fine time wandering around the handful of blocks bounded by Old Street, Great Eastern Road, and the Shoreditch High Street. Here are the highlights.
@current / @total
We are, without a doubt, big fans of the work of Scottish-born, London-based Donna Wilson. She made her name in textiles, but has proved to be a whiz with furniture, too; Her collaboration with British brand SCP includes the
and her fantastic family of
and now Eadie, an armchair upholstered in Wilson's Nos Da fabric.
Donna Wilson does textiles like no other designer out there today. Ernest is one of a pouffe trio—Frank and Henry complete the threesome—that showcase the Scottish lass's take on a rotund wooly jumper.
Statement sofas needn't be staid models of straight lines and solid colors. Mabel—contructed from Eurpoean hardwood and upholstered in a linen exclusively designed by Donna Wilson for British brand SCP—brings a bit of fun to the living room, and we'd very happily lounge on this bright settee.
- We Dwellers are huge fans of Donna Wilson's charming and crafty designs, and have highlighted many of her products online and in the magazine, including her egg cups, pouffes, house blanket,…
- My third day traipsing about London for the Design Festival had me venturing east again, starting my day in Clerkenwell (that's pronounced CLARK-en-well, I learned) and then, as ever, heading back…
- Browsing online design shops peeping at awesome housewares and furniture counts as 'work' here at Dwell, and I recently discovered what might be my new favorite design resource: Horne, founded by…
- Fighting a bit of jetlag and a few high-design, low-usefulness maps, I headed to the Brompton Design District for my first day of the London Design Festival.
- From commentary in The Incidental (a community-generated newsletter and website tracking the design buzz this week in the British capital) to a curated show of his father's pottery collection,…