ICFF 2012: Picks from Javits Center
This week we're digging deep into our favorites objets de design spotted at the 2012 International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York, from satellite events to the show floor at Javits Center. (See here for full coverage.) After a weekend spent trolling the aisles, I've picked a few favorites from designers young, old, beloved, and novel. Incidentally, I saw more than a few rugs I liked, which dovetails nicely with Dwell's June interiors issue, hitting newsstands on May 29.
@current / @total
- Soften up your modern room with pillows that add comfort but won't take away from a clean aesthetic.
- ICFF is finally here, and Dwell's editors are running around New York, taking it all in.
Inigo Elizalde’s woven dhurries are hand-knotted in Nepal, but he’s deconstructed a few of his boldest patterns into a collection of pillows, all printed in North Carolina and sewn in New York City.
- Consult our guide to the most happening design events and installations during ICFF 2014, including related fairs like WantedDesign, Sight Unseen OFFSITE, and IntroNY.
- Each spring, New York Design Week gets bigger and better thanks in part to an ever-expanding roster at ICFF (more on that here) as well as the dedication of several local organizations presenting…
- Though there are hundreds of exhibitors at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF), a select few were called out for their exceptional wares by a panel of judges who name the Editors'…
- Chicago-based auction house Wright is well-regarded for its 20th-century furniture sales—and for discoveries of underrated modern craft.
- Bernhardt Design revives Charles Pollock’s long-dormant career with the release of a timeless new lounge chair.