ICFF 2012: Offsite Design Exhibitions
Each spring, New York Design Week gets bigger and better thanks in part to an ever-expanding roster at ICFF (more on that here) as well as the dedication of several local organizations presenting contemporary design outside the walls of Javits Center. Here are a few notes and photos from Wanted Design, the NoHo Design District, and various showrooms we visited in the span of five action-packed days. Our roving team of editors Instagrammed the daylights out of ICFF, as well as the offsite events, exhibitions, and parties we attended en masse. See all of those here, and follow us on Instagram under the name "dwellmagazine."
@current / @total
- After graduating from the Rhode Island School of Design in 2002 with a degree in furniture design, Jonah Takagi traveled the world for four years with indie-rock musician Benjy Ferree.
- NoHo is oh-so-hip, with lots of design happenings to check out this week. If you're in New York, a trip to Great Jones Street is a damn good bet.
- Confronted with an historic loft in New York's SoHo district in need of an update, architects Bronwyn Breitner and Luigi Ciaccia executed a gut renovation to introduce more natural light throughout…
- With so much going on at ICFF, what with the rows and rows of booths set up with eye candy galore, it's hard not to walk around in a daze.
- Though there are hundreds of exhibitors at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF), a select few were called out for their exceptional wares by a panel of judges who name the Editors'…
- Hello, sports fans! That's right: Milan's annual design fair happens next week, and it's big, bad, and enough of an endurance test to qualify as spring training.
- Temperatures were sweltering in L.A.
- This week we're digging deep into our favorites objets de design spotted at the 2012 International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York, from satellite events to the show floor at Javits Center.