ICFF 2012: Brass Tactics
Everywhere we looked on the show floor of ICFF, we saw our own faces reflected back. Brass, copper, gold and other shiny metallics seemed to swathe or pepper most surfaces, appearing everywhere from huge lighting installations to tiny drawer pulls. Paging Portlandia—we think we've found this year's bird-on-it motif. Tom Dixon, we are holding you personally responsible.
Showing image @current of @total
Istanbul-based design duo Seyhan Özdemir and Sefer Çağlar of Autoban took a page from Warren Platner's book for this chic gold-plated steel lamp. We love the taper of this lamp's stem, which comes in three sizes.
This gold-plated metal, hand made Murano glass globe was designed by Guenther Leuchtmann in 1981 for the restaurant "Le tre streghe" (The three witches) in Hamburg. We absolutely love it's unique and almost gypsy-cystal-ball-like quality.
- From a witty golden keychain to a sleek, reimagined classic steel coffee pot, prepare to get distracted by these eight seriously shiny products.
- Though Egg Collective opened its wood shop in Brooklyn's Navy Yard in 2011, the of-the-moment design studio has been incubating for many years.
Branching Bubble Chandelier available in oil-rubbed bronze, brushed brass, vintage brass and satin nickel with 7" and 9" clear globes, two with 24k gold foil.
- Though there are hundreds of exhibitors at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF), a select few were called out for their exceptional wares by a panel of judges who name the Editors'…
- “It’s a mess up here.” Marcel Wanders is talking about his brain, and the necessary disorder of an open mind in design. “Philosophy is not one truth, but thousands of truths.
- Often neglected, yet so essential. Whether they're resting on the dining table or occupying the floor, the world would be a little darker without these beaming lights.