ICFF 2011: From the Show Floor
I'll admit, it's a little daunting stepping onto the show floor at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF), held for a long May weekend every year at the Javits Convention Center in New York. There's a lot to see. But once you start wandering the aisles, uncovering design gems in the various booths is a blast. Here's round one of some of the things I saw that stuck with me.
Showing image @current of @total
- One of the best booths at ICFF this year (see a bunch more roundups onsite and offsite here) was the insidenorway set-up featuring prototypes from young Norwegian designers, all curated by Paul…
- Insidenorway brings an array of top-notch Norwegian design the LA Convention Center for Dwell on Design. Plus, win a blanket from Mandal Veveri or Røros Tweed!
- This week we're digging deep into our favorites objets de design spotted at the 2012 International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York, from satellite events to the show floor at Javits Center.
- Highlights from the products, furniture, and lighting at Dwell on Design 2013, handpicked by Dwell editors.
- With so much going on at ICFF, what with the rows and rows of booths set up with eye candy galore, it's hard not to walk around in a daze.
Greenery looks great in the garden, but bringing a little bit of nature indoors as well is always a good idea. These spun aluminum, powder coated planters from LA-based Pad Outdoor look as good in the yard as they do in the living room, and are available in white, red, brown, orange, and seafoam, in addition to the bold, bright gold color shown.
With it's sleek and unobtrusive style this indoor/outdoor, natural slate fountain will create a sense of peace and tranquility in or outside your home.
- Get lost in Alaska with the great Vancouver based photographer Kamil Bialous as he gives us all the behind the scenes details about his first photo shoot experience for Dwell.