ICFF 2010: Design Ride Manhattan
After spending the better part of Sunday on the floor of the Javits center, at five pm, I joined a motley (but stylish) crew for the launch of Public Bikes. Organized by former Design Within Reach CEO Rob Forbes, the ride offered Manhattanites their first chance to take delivery of a brand-new Public bike.
@current / @total
- As we began dispersing for the holidays—heading our separate ways to SoCal and all the way to the Carribean—we take a look back at the best of what we saw worldwide in 2010.
- Dwell’s roundup of tech-savvy biking gear and stylish new cycles will give you more reasons to ride. In a poor paraphrase of George Orwell, two wheels good, four wheels bad.
- At a Dwell Meetup event Tuesday, architect Joeseph Tanney of Resolution: 4 Architecture joined editor-in-chief Amanda Dameron in New York City to talk prefab in all its forms.
- Dwell Media in partnership with the Big Ass Fan Company is proud to announce the winners of this year’s inaugural Dwell Vision Award, Amanda Schachter and Alexander Levi of SLO Architecture.
- This year's Dwell on Design in Los Angeles featured four Dwell-curated pavilions, a wide range of onstage speakers, the first-ever Dwell Store Pop-Up, and much more. Couldn't make it to L.A.?
- While our editor-in-chief Sam Grawe and design director Kyle Blue lunch at the White House today with the honorees of the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Awards (woohoo!), the rest of the crew has…
- The Detroit Bicycle Company crafted this tricked-out fixed-gear ride.
- Rob Forbes is best known as the founder of the much beloved modern shop Design Within Reach.