Highlights from Maison & Objet Fall 2012
Last week, Dwell visited this year’s fall edition of the design and interiors trade show Maison & Objet. The exhibitors booths are spread over nine huge, design-filled halls at Paris’s Parc d’Exposition. There, visitors can expect to find everything from furniture to lighting to home fragrances. Unlike January's Maison & Objet, the September show boasts a dedicated outdoor furniture section showcasing products for the coming spring and summer seasons. The sun was shining and the design aficionados were out in force as we set off, camera in hand, to seek out the best new products.
@current / @total
- This week, Dwell editors are onsite in Paris for the 2013 fall edition of the design and interiors trade show Maison & Objet.
- Maison & Objet, the annual winter design show in Paris, ended last week, and it's taken seven whole days to catch our collective breath and clean off our camera's memory card.
- Every fall the Maison et Objet Show in Paris sets and spots trends in lifestyle and home design.
- Welcome to my third and final installment of highlights from Maison & Objet 2011. You can find the first two here and here.
- As a reaction to throw-away culture in the years following the recession, we have seen age-old woodworking techniques such as cabinetry and parquetry become the focus of high-profile design projects.
Jacobsen designed this canape in 1939 for the city hall in Søllerød, Denmark, and it has never been produced for the retail market. Its Danish modern form is updated with bright yellow upholstery (though it’s also available in gray and black for the less adventurous).
- Last week, Dwell editors surveyed the scene at the annual design and interiors trade show, Maison&Objet in Paris.
Each year, the home design show MAISON&OBJET, highlights the most outstanding names on the design and décor scene today.This extraordinary event gathers the world’s greatest creative minds – established or emerging – to present them in unrivalled scenography, exhibiting their work in Hall 7 during the show. MAISON&OBJET has selected Tom Dixon, Philippe Nigro and Dimore Studio as the 2014 Creative Leaders. The three will be speaking at the show about their projects and their vision of design going-forward.