H2Hotel in Healdsburg
Last weekend I spent a night at the new H2Hotel, the sister property of Hotel Healdsburg, which is one of my favorite places to stay in Sonoma County. Conceived as a younger, hipper, more affordable property—a sparse but much-needed category in wine country—the hotel is bright, airy, and eco-minded: woods are salvaged or sustainably harvested, the roof is 'living,' and an underground cistern collects and processes rainwater and runoff. Designed by David Baker + Partners, with interior design by Marie Fisher, the hotel is aiming for a LEED gold certification. All photographs by Zubin Shroff.
@current / @total
- With the opening of the Royalton Hotel in 1988, Phillippe Starck ushered in the new age of boutique design hotels.
- When I was in Healdsburg checking out H2Hotel, I took a little detour to Medlock Ames' recently opened tasting room and bar, which is on the site and in the footprint of the century-old…
- One of my favorite discoveries on my trip to Paris earlier this year was the Hotel Jules, a chic and relatively affordable 100-room hotel on Rue La Fayette in the 9th arrondissement—walkable to…
- Vacations are lively and adventurous when staying at one of these brightly-colored hotels.
- For some, living “green” is all about making a statement. But for Petz Scholtus, it boils down to common sense.
- When plans were introduced for the Mamilla Hotel Jerusalem, which opened in June of 2009 and is among the few selected five-star hotels in the city, it sparked a bit of controversy. This…
- In Hong Kong, we had the opportunity to check out the new Upper House hotel.
- The Hotel Daniel is a 115-room boutique hotel in Vienna, Austria.