Frankfurt's Blanket Store
Nestled in behind a small glass storefront in central Frankfurt is a one-of-a-kind throw utopia. Blanket Store is a niche boutique dedicated to—yes, you guessed it—blankets, and owner Natalie Gray has found inventory that’s stitched, knit, and woven around the world. Assistant Editor Jordan Kushins stumbled upon the shop when wandering through the city on a cold, snowy day last month and couldn’t think of anything more inviting than the warm wonderland dedicated to keeping you cozy and your home a little bit brighter, so she asked Grey to open up about her coverlet sanctuary.
@current / @total
- Infant brand Oeuf has been celebrated by celebrities and design magazines alike for its sophisticated yet whimsical products for children.
- Neutra, historically a bathroom design brand, is expanding into a furniture collection, Neos, with young, Italian-born designer Luca Martorano.
- After its first day, Dwell on Design 2014 is still in full swing at the Los Angeles Convention Center. See what our visitors are loving on Instagram on day two of the show.
- Business as usual for ReForm School founders Billie Lopez and Tootie Maldonado means far more than simply managing their popular Silver Lake, California, shop.
- Will Robison and Jacob Krupnick believe that transforming basic transactions into “retail experiments” will change the rapport we have with what we buy.
- Caitlin Mociun has been a Brooklyn design fixture since graduating from RISD with a BFA in textile design.
- While in Vegas for Surfaces and Las Vegas Market, I had the chance to not only take in the terrific 17 Swedish Designers exhibit but also chat with Anna von Schewen and hear her lecture.
- Make the living room a central space in your home with loads of colorful accessories and a trapeze or two.