From Frankfurt: Textile Trends
One word that has come up in nearly every conversation here at Heimtextil is “inspiration.” Whether looking to discover it or provide it, the show is not just about buying and selling, but also creating. The Trends hall was the place to go for forecasting about the look and feel of the next few years in textile design, with four installations exploring the forms and colors that just might make their way into our homes.
@current / @total
Heimtextil is the biggest international trade fair for home and contract textiles and the global benchmark for quality design textiles of innovative functionality. As the first trade fair of the year, Heimtextil is a platform for manufacturers, retailers and designers. The exhibition showing will be from January 9-12 2013 and will offer an in-depth view of influential developments in the area of home textiles. The current trend themes utilize four representative personalities and the promotional film can be found on the Heimtextil website.
- January in Frankfurt is pretty darn cold, so it feels fitting to be here at Heimtextil browsing all the lush materials that are changing the way we make ourselves at home.
Heimtextil is the biggest international trade fair for home and contract textiles and the global benchmark for quality design textiles of innovative functionality. Occupying 19 exhibition halls, the leading international fair will feature a comprehensive textile portfolio for interiors and furnishings from products for windows, upholstery, floors, walls and sun protection to textiles for the bathroom, bed and table.
- One of the special exhibitions at Tendence was Africa Chic, a collection of objects designed and manufactured in Africa.
- An array of items fills up the halls at Tendence—experimental furniture, textiles, lighting, clothing, jewelry, and more—but housewares and accessories were most prevalent.
- Judging from economic news of late, the one word most associated with Germany is "austerity." However, at Tendence, the home trends show taking place August 24–28 in Frankfurt, the…
- Messe Frankfurt nurtures the young designers who come to its fairs—Tendence and Ambiente, namely—to exhibit their wares.
- Among the vintage interior design trends, the mid-century modern designs of the 1950s are holding fast.