The Foundry at Domus Orsoni
While in Italy checking out the latest in tiles at Cersaie in Bologna, we took a day to train over to Venice and roam the waterways and were given the opportunity to visit the only foundry in the city: Domus Orsoni. Here's what we saw at the 122-year-old establishment and hub of mosaic magic.
@current / @total
- As we began dispersing for the holidays—heading our separate ways to SoCal and all the way to the Carribean—we take a look back at the best of what we saw worldwide in 2010.
Visitors are invited to see the Bisazza Mosaic Collection at the New York Flagship Store. Refreshments will be served.
Auction Item: Galate: - Silver necklace
Product description: Galate: a Silver necklace with a long pendant made of eighteen Oro Bianco undulated mosaic tiles from the Bisazza Oro 24 carat collection.
- Back in June, Dwell was kindly invited by Spanish tile manufacturer Porcelanosa to tour their impressive factory. We first highlighted their Krion solid surfaces and now we're back for more.
- While airport terminals aren't necessarily known as venues for stellar art exhibits, it's always a nice surprise to find some visual stimulation while floating down the conveyor belt in a…
- Gold accents brighten up any interior and feel festive; we share our favorite gold and brass pieces for early spring.
- Piombino Dese, a drab industrial town between Venice and Verona, has many small glass companies, including Vetrerie New Glass, founded by Franco Pellizzon in 1991 and one of several Glo-Ball…
- The 300,000-square-foot show floor at this year's Coverings (held April 17–20th at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida) was filled with many stunning designs, but an…
- Choosing tile for a remodel or renovation is tricky business and the right tile choice can undoubtably elevate a design to new heights.