The Foundry at Domus Orsoni
While in Italy checking out the latest in tiles at Cersaie in Bologna, we took a day to train over to Venice and roam the waterways and were given the opportunity to visit the only foundry in the city: Domus Orsoni. Here's what we saw at the 122-year-old establishment and hub of mosaic magic.
@current / @total
- As we began dispersing for the holidays—heading our separate ways to SoCal and all the way to the Carribean—we take a look back at the best of what we saw worldwide in 2010.
Visitors are invited to see the Bisazza Mosaic Collection at the New York Flagship Store. Refreshments will be served.
Auction Item: Galate: - Silver necklace
Product description: Galate: a Silver necklace with a long pendant made of eighteen Oro Bianco undulated mosaic tiles from the Bisazza Oro 24 carat collection.
- A family enlists Brooklyn design-build firm MADE to renovate a brownstone using surplus and salvaged materials for a budget-conscious patina.
- Gold. Mosaic. Gold. Turquoise. Gold. Did I mention gold?
- Back in June, Dwell was kindly invited by Spanish tile manufacturer Porcelanosa to tour their impressive factory. We first highlighted their Krion solid surfaces and now we're back for more.
- We're reporting from Almeria, a province in southwestern Spain where surfaces company Cosentino is headquartered.
- Gold accents brighten up any interior and feel festive; we share our favorite gold and brass pieces for early spring.
- On Saturday June 29, 2013, designer Brian Gennett will show his work at Chung King Studio in Los Angeles for Chinatown Design Night.