We continue our coverage of the 2012 Stockholm Furniture and Light Fair with a selection of especially haute seats. The allure of a well-designed chair is tough to resist and there were plenty of lookers on the show floor. Most featured the attributes we all come to expect from Scandinavian design: blonde wood, hardy textiles, and crisp lines, but a few bucked the mold, featuring looser silhouettes and knitted slipcovers intended to act as furniture garments.
@current / @total
- Last year the venerable Swedish furniture makers Gärsnäs showed us they could bring fashion to furniture with Pierre Sindre’s collared Button chair, Anna von Schewen’s bunched…
- After examining the wares of the younguns over at the Greenhouse, it was time to venture into the main portion of the Stockholm Furniture Fair.
- The prolific team at Claesson Koivisto Rune has come up with something truly unique with their Snowflakes tables for OFFECT, which premiered at the Stockholm Furniture Fair this week.
- Since 1893, Gärsnäs has worked with furniture artisans to create wood works that are durable, pleasing to the eye, and functional.
- Furniture expo Stockholm Furniture Fair is the largest exhibition of Scandinavian design, with 80 percent of the 730 exhibitors being from the Nordic countries.
- Every February, the very best new Nordic furniture designs debut at the Stockholm Furniture Fair and the Northern Light Fair.
The Österlen chair is named for the area in southern Sweden in which it was built. Sempé, a southerner herself, used typical bentwood techniques to craft the piece, which features U-shaped cuts in the legs and back. Chair available in ash, stain or lacquer, with a veneer seat.
- Taking stock of the latest and greatest furniture and lighting seen at the 2014 Stockholm Furniture Fair, including the latest color- and material-driven interior trends.