Emerging Design Talent at imm Cologne
Chief among our interests at any international design show is the work of young designers. That's why on our first day of imm Cologne 2013, the fair held annually in one of Germany's oldest cities, our first stop was to spy the finalists of The [D3] CONTEST. Since 2004 the competition has honored innovation and creativity among newcomers to the design realm, and this year sparked more than 800 submissions. Here we share the finalists' pieces, a lively mix conceived by tomorrow's generation of talent.
@current / @total
- From Bauhaus to the latest automobile designs, a great amount of industrial design and modernism originated in Germany and continues to inspire on a global scale.
- Like the old Burl Ives Christmas song says, "Silver and gold, Silver and gold, Ev'ryone wishes for silver and gold." With those lyrics now stuck in our heads, we've gathered some of our favorite…
- Since graduating from Design Academy Eindhoven in 2003, Rotterdam-based Christine Meinderstma has carved a niche for herself exploring the stories of ordinary objects.
- Industrial designer Dror Benshetrit’s new building system, QuaDror, can be applied to make just about anything from architecture to table bases.
- Omer Arbel is a Vancouver–based architect and designer who creates spaces and objects in equal measure.
- In this Conversation Piece series, we take a look at 10 Statement Lights that are sure to grab attention, hold gaze, and spark a few discussions.
- This flat-packed, laser-stitched lamp shade invites endless customizations.
- It is a beautiful autumn day in the Netherlands and a great buzz has settled upon Eindhoven as this year’s Dutch Design Week 2012, themed "Enter a brave new world," kicks off.