Dwell on Design 2010, Day One
We're off to the races at the fifth-annual Dwell on Design conference, currently underway at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Friday was open to the trade only, while Saturday's doors open to any and all that wish to attend a weekend's worth of design-related activities. Though it only scratches the surface, we'd like to share a slideshow of images captured on the show floor. Stay tuned to dwell.com or follow @dwell as we post updates from #dwellondesign.
@current / @total
- Ok, ok—so we here at Dwell are known for our unabashed love of all things Heath. But in our defense, they make it really difficult not to love them whenever they roll out new products.
There are few manufacturers who warm our hearts—and tables—like Heath Ceramics in Sausailto, California. This ceramic bowl, in a seasonal red hue, could be a salad-serving piece as its name suggests, though we think it'd look most excellent filled with green beans.
- At Dwell on Design last year, Richmond, California-based design company Wallter made a splash with its powder-coated products and the debut of its new planter.
- At this year's Dwell on Design, catch Laguna Beach-based Cerno, a young company that specializes in eco-friendly lighting.
What's serious cooking without at least one Le Creuset bowl in the mix? Our choice at the holidays: this large oval serving bowl, ready to carry three quarts of tasty fixings to the table.
- The artist and potter, and now Studio Director at Heath Ceramics in Los Angeles, talks with Dwell about his work and inspiration, as well as the personal odyssey that took him from architecture to…
- This week Associate Editor Miyoko Ohtake made it through the rain that's drenching the West Coast and to Las Vegas for the 2010 International Builders' Show.
- There's an epic amount to be browsed through on the Dwell on Design show floor this year, and we're all having a blast checking out the booths at the LA Convention Center.