Design Within Reach Spring Picks
This week Design Within Reach previewed their Spring 2011 collection where I got a sneek peek of some of their new products and furnishings. A current running throughout much of the furniture was attention to detailing and an interest in craftsmanship reflected in the ways pieces were joined, the materials used, and the how an individual furnishing looked in the round‚ not just from the front. In the slideshow, I share ten of my favorites from the collection.
@current / @total
The Copenhagen studio brings a dash of Danish influence to its clean-lined outdoor collection.
- Cozy up to nature with an all-encompassing look at terrestrial life from Dwell's April 2014 issue.
- Sinewy lines and subtle contours abound in organic bathroom fixtures—plus, three engineered materials that are increasingly indistinguishable from their natural counterparts.
- With the days growing shorter, temperatures sinking lower, and damp air creeping into the house, it can be tempting to burrow under that old electric blanket.
- Now in its third year, WantedDesign is proving to be a crucial stop on the New York Design Week train.
- Sacramento architectural designer Curtis Popp bought and renovated, in three months, a five-bedroom, three-bath, 2,900-square-foot house that had, over the years, succumbed to a growing architectural…
One of the last projects completed before Eva Zeisel’s death at age 105, this is also her first-ever lighting collection. In addition to the pendants, both silhouettes are available in table and sconce versions.
- Several weeks ago I was a member of the jury for a design competition sponsored by Design Within Reach.