Design Itinerary: Berlin
- Last week I sat down over an Anchor Steam with Jurgen Mayer H. of the Berlin-based architecture firm J. Mayer H. at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art's cafe.
- Cape Town, South Africa, will be the World Design Capital 2014, which is perfect timing, since the country's design scene is booming.
- Self-taught photographer Matthias Heiderich has spent the past three years roaming around Berlin, snapping photos with his medium-format film camera and Pentax digital camera.
For our second annual Young Guns report, we scoured the globe for the emerging designers and products that you need to know now. In addition to tracking this year's vanguard, we also take a Second Look at what 2012's inaugural class is making and where its rising stars are headed.
- All right, we've all heard of "The Social Network" by now, but have you heard of Architizer, the social network for architects and designers?
- Last week I took a walk through the new exhibit “Patterns of Speculation” at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art with Jürgen Mayer H., principle and founder of the Berlin-based…
- The US curators for the 2014 Venice Architecture Biennale were announced this week, and the group includes several visionaries from Dwell issues past.
- It's definitely springtime in the Big Apple, and New York is buzzing.