Design Itinerary: Berlin
- What makes a tradeshow cool? Location, location, location.
- Self-taught photographer Matthias Heiderich has spent the past three years roaming around Berlin, snapping photos with his medium-format film camera and Pentax digital camera.
- Cape Town, South Africa, will be the World Design Capital 2014, which is perfect timing, since the country's design scene is booming.
- In our September 2013 issue, we profiled 18 of our favorite design bloggers, sharing their latest discoveries in furniture, graphic design, travel, architecture, and more.
- Last week I sat down over an Anchor Steam with Jurgen Mayer H. of the Berlin-based architecture firm J. Mayer H. at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art's cafe.
- One of the fringe benefits of traveling to design shows is collecting the printed ephemera made by creative pros, from business cards to catalogs to pamphlets.
- I’ve developed into a true shutterbug, a camera geek who doesn’t leave home without one. Obsessed with vintage cameras, camera lenses, and taking photos—that's me in a nutshell.
- Shou-sugi-ban, a Japanese wood-charring technique, is emerging as one of builders' and woodworkers' favorite trends this year.