Design Indaba Expo 2013
The very best of contemporary South African design will be shown at the eighth annual Design Indaba Expo, to be held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre from February 25th to 27th, 2011. With more than 270 confirmed exhibitors, Design Indaba ushers in a new decade of local design excellence. The only expo featuring soley South African artists, the Design Indaba Expo recognizes and celebrates local creative work from craft to product design, fashion, publishing, new media, ceramics, animation, architecture and more. Highlights include an arena with all-day fashion shows, a film festival and the Creative Agencies exhibit where advertising, animation and production studios will showcase their best work.
- Cape Town's Design Indaba always kicks off with a conference of eclectic speakers from all over the world and wraps up with an expo focusing on Southern African designers.
- South African designers showcased their work at Design Indaba’s 2014 Expo in Cape Town. Here are some of our favorites including furniture, accessories, textiles, technology, and film.
- Thomas Heatherwick stole the show at the first day of the Design Indaba conference in Cape Town, South Africa, on Wednesday when he unveiled his plans to recast a century-old silo on the city’s…
- In Mitchell’s Plain township in Cape Town, South Africa, living conditions are harsh. The congested urban landscape pushes kids into the streets to play.
- Kinship in design is often viewed as simply a matter of showing relations, both formally and historically, between objects that share color, pattern, and local craft strategies.
- Cape Town, South Africa, will be the World Design Capital 2014, which is perfect timing, since the country's design scene is booming.