Czech Trek at the Biennale
Out of all of the exhibits at the Venice Biennale this year, I spent the most time sitting and playing inside the pavilion of the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Along with being interactive, dynamic, and quite beautiful, it was a celebration of a well-known Dwell obsession: the countless possibilities of the wooden slat.
@current / @total
- The theme for the 13th Venice Biennale as defined by David Chipperfield is Common Ground.
- As promised, here is the second part of our grand tour through the national pavilions at the 2010 Venice Biennale.
- The 2012 Venice Biennale is currently taking place until September 25th. Earlier in the week, we shared a recap of the event and here we bring you more photos from the exhibition.
- The US curators for the 2014 Venice Architecture Biennale were announced this week, and the group includes several visionaries from Dwell issues past.
- The concept of each country showing their best colors at the Venice Biennale began from 1895, in the same spirit of nationalism (or chauvinism) of the World's Fair.
- Iceland, the land of the midnight sun and geological hot spots, will have its own floating stage at the Venice Biennale's 55th International Art Exhibition which officially opens on Saturday, June…
- Alvar Aalto’s Finnish Pavilion for the Venice Biennale, originally designed as a temporary demountable structure, was built in 1956 and stayed solidly in a place for nearly 56 years until last…
- This weekend, the question is now "What to do?" but "What not to do?".