Coverings 2012: New Ravenna Tile
The 300,000-square-foot show floor at this year's Coverings (held April 17–20th at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida) was filled with many stunning designs, but an offshoot in an annex at the nearby Peabody Hotel proved to be a cache of creativity. There, a handful of artisans from Virginia-based New Ravenna Mosaics exhibited wares ranging from the midcentury-inspired to the distinctly Moroccan influenced. Click through the slideshow for a look at the designs.
@current / @total
- Choosing tile for a remodel or renovation is tricky business and the right tile choice can undoubtably elevate a design to new heights.
- In the October 2011 issue we're spotlighting all of our favorite American-made design.
- Rising out of the Texas bayou, Houston is both a sprawling metropolis and the largest city in the United States without zoning regulations.
- Artisanal tile company Fireclay was at Coverings for the first time this year and exhibited their brand of glass and ceramic tile that's a treat to look at and boasts some mighty strong environmental…
Give your feathered friends the fine dining experience with this sleek geometric mobile feeder from J Schatz. The two stoneware tubes will gently spin around with the breeze, providing a panoramic view for the birds and a nice tableau for those the amateur ornithologists who just like to watch.
- On Saturday June 29, 2013, designer Brian Gennett will show his work at Chung King Studio in Los Angeles for Chinatown Design Night.
- Back in June, Dwell was kindly invited by Spanish tile manufacturer Porcelanosa to tour their impressive factory. We first highlighted their Krion solid surfaces and now we're back for more.
- Built in 1950, Lloyd and Kirsten Thompson's Austin house had "some inherent mid-century charm and good flow," says architect J.C. Schmeil of Merzbau Design Collective.