Chicago Crowdsources a Skate Park
- Our world is becoming more and more urban. Today, as Dwell contributor Mark Lamster reported for our June 2010 Megacities issue, more than 75 cities boast populations of more than 5 million.
- David Schalliol’s photo project showcases the eerie beauty in Chicago's abandoned lots and standalone buildings.
- Recently in San Francisco, the Yerba Buena Community Benefit District and CMG Landscape Architecture unveiled the Yerba Buena Street Life Plan.
- Last weekend I was in Chicago and after hitting the show floor at the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) and visiting Mies van der Rohe's 880-860 Lake Shore Drive Apartments, I traveled along…
- Approaching 9/11, New York's unspoken heart is in Battery Park. Relevant, then, is the community center Hanrahan Meyers is developing immediately north of Ground Zero.
- We've reported on modern skate parks before, but rarely have we seen such a perfect marriage of skating and landscape design as the one embodied by the Finnish Janne Saario.
- From July 26–November 2, 2014, the Transit Museum Gallery Annex in Grand Central Terminal will exhibit "Traveling in the World of Tomorrow: The Future of Transportation at New York’s World’s Fairs."
- If your only experience touring Chicago is from watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off, architect Brad Lynch has some insider tips for you.