Best of Paris: 2012 Maison & Objet
Maison & Objet, the annual winter design show in Paris, ended last week, and it's taken seven whole days to catch our collective breath and clean off our camera's memory card. The immeubles shown at Maison sweep across eight airplane-hangar-sized buildings in a convention center north of the ciy, and include everything in the world of "déco," from wallpaper to candlesticks to armoires. And like any influential design fair worth its salt, the conversion of editors and retailers inspires some equally incredible satellite events throughout Paris. Especially notable were the young designers presenting at Meet My Project and offsite events by Emeco and Rockwell Group. Here are some notes from the exhibition floors at Maison, with some city snapshots for good measure.
@current / @total
- I'm just back from Paris, and still processing all the exciting new furnishings, accessories, and objets I spied at Maison & Objet over the weekend.
- Following our editors' dispatches from the Maison&Objet furniture fair in Paris (here and here!), we rounded up a few more points of excellence from the French design capital.
- Hello from Paris! Right after my flight landed, I made a beeline from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Nord Villepinte, where the famed design fair Maison & Objet is held twice a year.
- Last weekend, contributing blogger Scott Newlin attended Maison & Objet, a Parisian fair featuring objects that range from furniture to gifts to home decor.
Each year, the home design show MAISON&OBJET, highlights the most outstanding names on the design and décor scene today.This extraordinary event gathers the world’s greatest creative minds – established or emerging – to present them in unrivalled scenography, exhibiting their work in Hall 7 during the show. MAISON&OBJET has selected Tom Dixon, Philippe Nigro and Dimore Studio as the 2014 Creative Leaders. The three will be speaking at the show about their projects and their vision of design going-forward.
- Last week, Dwell editors surveyed the scene at the annual design and interiors trade show, Maison&Objet in Paris.
- Every fall the Maison et Objet Show in Paris sets and spots trends in lifestyle and home design.
- Dwell editors arrived at Maison&Objet in Paris on Friday to survey the scene.