Architecture Tour: Brandeis Modern
- Each week Dwell.com delivers many great original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Derived from a descriptive term used by Le Corbusier, béton brut (raw concrete), Brutalist architecture is an offshoot of modernism that trades the spatial poetry of steel and glass for grounded,…
- Hour-long commutes. Flaky public transportation. The congestion of crowds. It's no wonder many folk choose to work from home these days.
- This week, the American Institute of Architects' Committe on the Environment (COTE) announced its Top Ten Green Projects.
- Collaborations between academic institutions and design greats have exposed students around the world to masterful lessons in furniture.
- This Wednesday evening, as part of Dwell and New York magazine's full plate of design programming for City Modern, design critic Alexandra Lange led a discussion on gender and architecture with three…
- From a renovated cottage in England to a family home in Brooklyn, these six modern homes make the last letter on the color wheel look regal by its creative insertions indoors and out.
- Alvar Aalto, one of Finland’s greatest architects, made modernist masterpieces with a human touch.