Apartment Decorated by Gaultier
Stepping into the freshly decorated apartment by Jean-Paul Gaultier at Trocadero in Paris, I felt as if I had been transported into a quixotic dream, complete with a choppy journey through a triage of disparate scenes. In a grey area where expression and aesthetic surely override function and utility, it is nevertheless intriguing to experience the continuously blurring boundaries where fashion and architecture meet.
@current / @total
- French luxury furniture retailer Roche Bobois turned 50 this year, celebrating this milestone with a retrospective at their Madison Avenue showroom.
- Did you know Dwell has covered design in far-flung locations since our very beginning? What was once called Elsewhere has since evolved to departments we call "Detour" and "Postcard".
- Welcome to my third and final installment of highlights from Maison & Objet 2011. You can find the first two here and here.
- Margaux Keller has come a long way since age 13, redecorating her room by arranging furniture and “pinning stuff on the walls.” She decided then, as a teenager growing up in Geneva, Switzerland, to…
- Finds o' Friday delivered straight, no chaser. Scroll down for a look at retro Lego ads and an excerpt from Just Kids read by Patti Smith herself.
- Cinema is having a little moment right now—the annual Sundance Film Festival is just about to wrap up and awards season is currently in full swing.
Ongoing winter sale through the end of January, at various Roche Bobois locations.
Floor samples, rugs and accessories will be on sale through to the end of January at three Roche Bobois locations:
200 Madison Avenue at 35th Street
1180 Northern Boulevard
313 Arch Street