5 Latin American Design Destinations
+ Read Article
Should your summer travels take you south of the border, we've rounded up all the architecture and design hotspots in this quintet of Latin American city guides. From Mexico City to Lima, here's your cribsheet to the best our southern neighbors have to offer. Don't forget your passport.
Showing image @current of @total
- Take a photographic trek through cities like Melbourne, Australia; Istanbul, Turkey; Mumbai, India; Oslo, Norway; and more, in our anthology of must-stop destinations for the design-savvy traveler.
- Santiago may be a tamer city than its South American brethren, but as architect Sebastián Irarrázaval tells us, there's change afoot where colonial legacy meets modern urban design.
- In this new feature, we present an architectural insider’s guide to a great design destination. This issue: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- With its mild climate, endless surf, and amazing views of the Andes, Chile is an ideal destination for nature lovers.
- To call São Paulo—the largest city in Brazil and one of the largest in the world—overwhelming is an understatement.
- Latin America's design scene is heating up, from artisan-made goods making their way to US department stores to the massive architecture projects going up in advance of the World Cup and Olympic…
- Did you know Dwell has covered design in far-flung locations since our very beginning? What was once called Elsewhere has since evolved to departments we call "Detour" and "Postcard".
The Largest Latin American Design Festival