2013 Salone Internazionale del Mobile Furniture Preview
Hello, sports fans! That's right: Milan's annual design fair happens next week, and it's big, bad, and enough of an endurance test to qualify as spring training. As you read back in February, Cosmit, the Italian organization behind Salone Internazionale del Mobile, is ensuring that 2013 will be even better than usual—including a new city and museum pass that's being incorporated into the ticket price for the fair. One thing to keep in mind (as with all design fairs worth their salt) is that the off-ground exhibitions are as exciting as what's happening on the official schedule. Click through our slideshow for a peek at what brand new furniture will debut next week, and read on below for a cheat sheet of where to go in Milan.
@current / @total
- Bongiorno! Our editors have been on the scene at the annual furniture fair, Salone Internazionale del Mobile, in Milan, Italy.
- Following our guide to the 2014 Salone Internazionale del Mobile, here are our picks for what to see in town during Milan's Design Week.
- As you may have noticed, Dwell is in Milan this week to scout for new furniture, accessories, and lighting at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile and the various satellite fairs around town.
- Part one of our guide to what to see in Milan at the 2014 Salone Internazionale del Mobile fair—first up, onsite at the Rho fairground.
- Over the past year or so, we've noticed a pink trend happening in furniture and textiles (and it's not just our rose-colored glasses).
- Our editors share snapshots of some of their best finds from their third day at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile. [Update: day one, day two, and day four!]
- Our editors share their most exciting discoveries from their second day at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile. [Update: day one, day three, and day four!]
- For the second year running, Milan’s Zona Tortona feels more like Zona Tortura, a nightclub dotted with big brand showrooms, than the former creative epicenter of the Salone furniture fair that…