2011 Modernism Show
The 2011 Modernism Show, held in the cavernous Barker Hangar at Santa Monica Airport, brought both rarities and new interpretations within the category. From works by Gio Ponti and the Lalannes to new pieces by emerging artists created over the last 10 years, the stock again exemplified the dealers’ ability to constantly renew the parameters of modernism.
@current / @total
- The 22nd annual Los Angeles Modernism Show, held May 1–3 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, featured more than 70 exhibitors with mid-century wares trucked in from all over the country.
- The opening night of the Los Angeles Modernism Show, held for the first time at Barker Hangar at the Santa Monica Airport, was defined by intriguing pieces by both modern favorites and…
- Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA), headquartered in a 17,000-square-foot gallery in Van Nuys, California, has been steadily auctioning works by important 20th century artists, designers and…
- Too much time has passed since we last checked in with mid-century furniture aficionado Sam Kaufman, whose diminutive gallery on Beverly Boulevard is always stocked with the most wonderful things.
- Original Ettore Sottsass furniture and accessories that were custom designed and built for the late tech pioneer Max Palevsky will hit the auction block March 6th at LA Modern.
- Specializing in modern art, design and furniture with an emphasis on works by important 20th-century artists, designers, and architects, Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) was established in 1992 by…
- Many a modern-design enthusiast can spot a Cesca side chair and say it was designed by Marcel Breuer. But, were it upholstered in Digit fabric, few could name the textile designer.
The special edition Claude dresser marries two of the 1970s favorite colors, avocado green and mustard yellow, with a rich walnut frame. This blast from the mid-century past and can add a retro touch to contemporary spaces. Isn't it great that we can choose trends of the decade to keep in our homes (funky, chunky furniture) and leave others (disco and bellbottoms) behind?