17 Swedish Designers
If there was one exhibition I longed to see last year, it was 17 Swedish Designers. The show features the work of, you guessed it, 17 young, female, Swedish designers and design groups who have all at some point displayed their work at Gallery Pascale, a small yet exciting art space in Stockholm run by French-born gallerist Pascale Cottard-Olsson. In past years, she has brought together some of the most innovative designers in Sweden to show their work and to ask them to create new objects for group exhibits on themes such as Stockholm-specific design or baskets. In the mid-2000s, Cottard-Olsson published a book titled "17 Swedish Designers, chez Pascale," which has since become the 17 Swedish Designers touring exhibit. The U.S. tour launched in late 2009 in Cleveland, Ohio, and is currently on view in Las Vegas.
@current / @total
- While in Vegas for Surfaces and Las Vegas Market, I had the chance to not only take in the terrific 17 Swedish Designers exhibit but also chat with Anna von Schewen and hear her lecture.
- Last year the venerable Swedish furniture makers Gärsnäs showed us they could bring fashion to furniture with Pierre Sindre’s collared Button chair, Anna von Schewen’s bunched…
- Taking stock of the latest and greatest furniture and lighting seen at the 2014 Stockholm Furniture Fair, including the latest color- and material-driven interior trends.
- Since 1893, Gärsnäs has worked with furniture artisans to create wood works that are durable, pleasing to the eye, and functional.
- After examining the wares of the younguns over at the Greenhouse, it was time to venture into the main portion of the Stockholm Furniture Fair.
- We've been covering the 2011 Stockholm Furniture Fair for the past week, delving into everything from the heavy hitters on the main show floor to the promising young designers debuting prototypes in…
- It's about mid-way through the 2012 Stockholm Design Week and I've been traveling to studios, showrooms, and the show floor of the Furniture and Light Fair to seek out what's new in Scandinavian…
- Every February, the very best new Nordic furniture designs debut at the Stockholm Furniture Fair and the Northern Light Fair.