The Alpine Lodge by WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie
At the January edition of Pitti Uomo—a bi-annual men's fashion event held in Florence, Italy—accessories brand Want Les Essentiels de la Vie exhibited within the Alpine Lodge, a conceptual structure that channeled the theme of its new collection. We sent a few questions to Want’s co-founders, brothers Byron and Dexter Peart, to learn more about how architecture conveys the brand’s urbane sensibility.
@current / @total
- Each week Dwell.com delivers many great original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- A flat renovated by a pair of fashion insiders breathes new life into architect Moshe Safdie's iconic Habitat '67 building.
- Built-ins abound in this renovation of a 1970s lodge perched high in the French Alps. H2O Architectes devised a plan to increase livable space while leaving the structure intact.
- As summer wanes, we present Dwell's favorite modern ski houses—high-design buildings built for tough winter weather, rugged activity, and easy access to the slopes.
- I received an unexpected postcard from the petite Polish town of Dąbrówno last week, sent by my friend Tim who was backpacking through Europe.
- We love hearing stories about how our magazine and website have inspired readers to tackle their own modern design projects, at any scale—whether it be a full-blown house or, as featured on the…
- Many a modern-design enthusiast can spot a Cesca side chair and say it was designed by Marcel Breuer. But, were it upholstered in Digit fabric, few could name the textile designer.
- After the Dwell prefab popup party at SXSW Eco this past October, we spent the next Saturday checking out a number of modern homes and happenings around Austin, where we stumbled with delight…