Supernatural San Francisco
A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of attending a lunch thrown by Claudia Mahecha and Robert Allen, in celebration of the opening of their new Potrero Hill design showroom Supernatural. After wandering through the minimalist, beautifully curated 2,000-square-foot space—a showroom that spotlights hard-to-find European design and doubles as the home base for Mahecha's interior design firm, Claudia Mahecha Design—the guests (editors, artists, restaurant owners, designers) all sat around a big oak table topped with a Hella Jongerius table runner, and over lunch traded gossip and news about the San Francisco design and art worlds. Here's a peek at the space. All photos by Devon Elizabeth Butler.
@current / @total
- We're back this New Year with the first Friday Finds of 2012.
- If Milan 2010 were introduced as a new Crayola color, some might argue that "Ash Cloud Grey" would be the most appropriate shade.
- I recently talked over the phone with Kyle Schuneman, interior and set designer of Live Well Designs in Los Angeles.
- On a drizzly afternoon in Holland's capital city, I took to the streets, armed with a map, a copy of a great little guide book, Amsterdam Made by Hand, and absolutely no problem getting lost along my…
- Over the past year or so, we've noticed a pink trend happening in furniture and textiles (and it's not just our rose-colored glasses).
- Since graduating from Design Academy Eindhoven in 2003, Rotterdam-based Christine Meinderstma has carved a niche for herself exploring the stories of ordinary objects.
- With the days growing shorter, temperatures sinking lower, and damp air creeping into the house, it can be tempting to burrow under that old electric blanket.
- It was love at first sight for Elina Vila D’Acosta-Calheiros and her husband, Ginés Gorriz: When they stepped into the century-old apartment that would become their home, they were so smitten they…