Shops We Love: MADE
- Canada is known for its love of hockey and its long winters but few people know of our neighbor to the north's wealth of innovative modern designers. Enter Made.
- Design Domestic is a photo-based exhibit featuring nine Canadian designers and artists in their homes.
- Recent Parsons School of Design graduates Shaun Kasperbauer, Isaac Friedman-Heiman, and Luft Tanaka (from left) are the founding members of the design collective Souda (a Japanese word pronounced…
- “It’s a mess up here.” Marcel Wanders is talking about his brain, and the necessary disorder of an open mind in design. “Philosophy is not one truth, but thousands of truths.
- A Bucks County, Pennsylvania, overhaul by Danny Seo relies on American-made goods to forge its identity.
- A family enlists Brooklyn design-build firm MADE to renovate a brownstone using surplus and salvaged materials for a budget-conscious patina.
- Ask anybody who has held so much as a bud vase from Heath Ceramics about the pottery’s charms, and you’re likely to encounter the kind of adoration reserved for treasured family…
- At Dwell, we are big fans of Food52, and can often be found browsing Provisions, its well-curated store of artisanal products, over our lunch breaks.