Shop Visit: Mohawk General Store in Silver Lake
- There's more to making it as a designer than creating great goods—you also need to find an avenue through which to share your wares.
- The good folks at Los Angeles's Mohawk General Store have a holiday market located just two doors from their main storefront (profiled in our "To Live and Buy in L.A." story from the April 2011…
- One highlight of my recent visit to Los Angeles was a whirlwind tour of Silver Lake with the great architect Barbara Bestor, who has lived there since 1988.
- In August 2010, Kristi Reimers opened the doors of her shop Eco Carmel to fulfill a dream of starting her own businesses and also to make a difference to her Carmel, California, community and to the…
- I traveled to Toronto last week to serve on the curatorial committee of Twenty+Change, report a story, and check out the city's current design scene.
- For many setting out to make it on their own, a storefront is a destination.
- As the first of the Dwell edit crew down in Los Angeles for Dwell on Design, I've had a chance to cruise around a bit soaking up all the good Angeleno design vibes.
- This Canadian duo searches out top Scandinavian and Japanese designs and brings their best finds back to this Toronto shop.