Shinola Pairs with Rockwell to Bring Detroit to Tribeca
- Shinola, a new brand promoting domestic manufacturing, aims to bring cottage industry back to the factory spaces of Detroit.
- If the Great Recession has an unofficial mascot, it's Detroit.
- When David Rockwell, Founder and President of the Rockwell Group, takes the stage at City Modern with panelists including fashion designer Isabel Toledo, artist and illustrator Ruben Toledo, and…
- Manufacturing in the United States is thriving and in our July/August issue we highlighted the American designers and makers producing modern wares.
- Furniture and lighting designer extraordinaire David Weeks has a new showroom and gallery at 38 Walker Street in Manhattan.
- The Architecture and Design Film Festival kicked off in New York at the Tribeca Cinemas with the world premiere of Design Is One, a film about the legendary design duo of Massimo and Lella Vignelli.
- Las Vegas designer Logan Hendrickson makes versatile, industrial-inspired lighting that won't break the bank.
- In the following pages, we toast American ingenuity by highlighting furniture and accessories designed and fabricated across four regions of the continental United States.