- We profiled The Vintage Bazaar, a pop-up market in Chicago started by Libby Alexander and Katherine Raz, as our October 2011 Design Finder.
- We recently featured The Vintage Bazaar as the Design Finder in our October Made in the USA issue.
The Vintage Bazaar introduces the classic flea! 70+ vendors of vintage decor, furniture, housewares, clothing, and accessories will be boothing it out indoors and outdoors. Plus, local food vendors, beer, DJ entertainment by CHIRP, a haul photo booth, and mobile makeover stations for guys and gals.
- A self-proclaimed “collector of old stuff,” designer Yota Kakuda finds inspiration in vintage objects found in junk shops and flea markets.
- Critics call Paris a "living museum." If so, designer Erwan Bouroullec curates a must-see list from a compelling collection.
- If you liked what you saw in my previous report on Lost & Found in Los Angeles, then check out this slideshow: a roundup of owner Jamie Rosenthal's favorite items in the shop, along with her…
- Join Dwell and Marimekko tonight in their Beverly Hills showroom for a lively discussion about the Finnish company's history and best-selling hits.
Another random find, this is the kind of thing I would be happy to find at a garage sale or flea market. Great colors. Great Typography. Nice.