Preview Fab x South Africa
- In our September 2013 issue, we asked some of our favorite online design writers to introduce their latest local discoveries.
- Cape Town, South Africa, will be the World Design Capital 2014, which is perfect timing, since the country's design scene is booming.
- Later this month the Museum for African Art will kick off a five-part lecture series at Columbia University titled Sightlines: New Perspectives on African Architecture and Urbanism.
- Cape Town's Design Indaba always kicks off with a conference of eclectic speakers from all over the world and wraps up with an expo focusing on Southern African designers.
- In South Africa, Pedersen Lennard has crafted two cafes that showcase the design studio’s modern furniture and love of coffee.
- The world's second-largest continent boasts a variety of architectural styles, but these four homes indicate the growth of modern design in Africa.
- This weekend marks the end of two exhibition's at London's Design Museum.
- Kinship in design is often viewed as simply a matter of showing relations, both formally and historically, between objects that share color, pattern, and local craft strategies.