More Finds from The Vintage Bazaar
We recently featured The Vintage Bazaar as the Design Finder in our October Made in the USA issue. Here, founders Libby Alexander and Katherine Raz take us on a tour of their most recent event in May. Chicagoland folks, take note: the next pop-up will take place on Sunday, September 18th!
Libby and I came up with the idea for the Vintage Bazaar over drinks one afternoon—actually, it was the first day we met! I had come to Libby’s home to take photos for a home tour post on my blog, Backgarage.com. We hit it off immediately and ended up chatting for about four hours post-shoot and afterward Libby mixed me a cocktail. It was then that we discussed how it seemed like most of the flea markets in Chicago were either too pricey, too collectibles-focused (antique advertisi— what? I fell asleep), or all about overstock socks and stale nachos. Where, we wondered, was an affordable, curated flea market in the city that combined shopping, beer, and good tunes?
We determined it didn't exist, so we set out to create it.
@current / @total
The Vintage Bazaar introduces the classic flea! 70+ vendors of vintage decor, furniture, housewares, clothing, and accessories will be boothing it out indoors and outdoors. Plus, local food vendors, beer, DJ entertainment by CHIRP, a haul photo booth, and mobile makeover stations for guys and gals.
- Thanks to the Vintage Bazaar, a pop-up market started by locals Katherine Raz and Libby Alexander, the Windy City is brimming with prime design finds.
- At this year's Dwell on Design, we’re taking to the stage our new Design Finder section (premiering in our May 2009 issue).
- We profiled The Vintage Bazaar, a pop-up market in Chicago started by Libby Alexander and Katherine Raz, as our October 2011 Design Finder.
- My third day traipsing about London for the Design Festival had me venturing east again, starting my day in Clerkenwell (that's pronounced CLARK-en-well, I learned) and then, as ever, heading back…
- On Friday, June 21, we presented our third-annual Dwell on Design Awards, in which we handed out custom-made awards designed by Dwell creative director Alejandro Chavetta and the San Francisco design…
- Former pastry chef Jessica Goryl, who learned to make ice cream while working at a steakhouse, has just opened L.A.
- On April 24th at the Atlanta Sub-Zero and Wolf showroom, Dwell Deputy Editor Jaime Gillin will join luxury appliance leader Sub-Zero and Wolf with panelists Doug Henderson, Co-Owner of Switch Modern,…