Made Design Shop and Gallery
Canada is known for its love of hockey and its long winters but few people know of our neighbor to the north's wealth of innovative modern designers. Enter Made. The Toronto shop and gallery features pieces that are—as the storefront suggests—"Canadian made, hand made, custom made, and well made." It's a celebration of what Canadian design is all about.
Showing image @current of @total
- Design Domestic is a photo-based exhibit featuring nine Canadian designers and artists in their homes.
- I traveled to Toronto last week to serve on the curatorial committee of Twenty+Change, report a story, and check out the city's current design scene.
- From glass blown pendants to contemporary chandeliers, take a look at these 7 homes to see how they have customized their space with outstanding overhead lighting.
- Last week I headed north (and quite a ways east) to one of my favorite cities: Toronto.
- "No man is an island," wrote poet John Donne, but in the case of kitchens an aptly placed island makes the room.
- “This was really a parameter-driven project,” explains Lukasz Kos, a Toronto-based designer and cofounder of the architecture firm Testroom.
- Seeking more space and a connection with the city, an artist and a designer turn an old Toronto storefront in Dundas West into a home and studio.
- Is your kitchen too drab? Feeling the pinch of cramped cooking quarters? Appliances dating from the stone age? We've got you covered.