Design Shop Visit: Mjölk in Toronto
- Storeowners Juli Daoust and John Baker scout Scandinavia and Japan for the best designs in each region to bring back the best of their finds to their Toronto shop Mjölk (pronounced…
- I traveled to Toronto last week to serve on the curatorial committee of Twenty+Change, report a story, and check out the city's current design scene.
- Six modern retail destinations approved by Dwell editors, from a blanket store in Frankfurt to a Japanese-Scandinavian product mix in Toronto.
- Danish designer Poul Henningsen had us at the Artichoke lamp, its 72 leaves bursting forth from it like fireworks.
- Designing an innovative house is a rite of passage for many young architects.
- Looking for mid-century furniture? Design tomes? Earrings? An LP? Sunset Junction’s Mohawk General Store lives up to its name.
We love these hand-carved cups, made from rare arctic birch burl and outfitted with a reindeer leather strap. Apparently the cups are antiseptic and don't need to be cleaned between uses, so they're ideal for strapping to your backpack the next time you go camping—or as a gift to your favorite outdoorsy friend
- I've long been a fan of the Spanish shoemaker Camper (I have two pairs, I'll confess) and in recent years their strong sense of design has translated off the foot and into the retail…