David Stark Pop-Up Shop
New York designer David Stark is the ne plus ultra of event planners: his creative empire employs a merry workshop of 30 craftsmen, set designers, and florists who can build out Stark's visionary themes to the tiniest specification. Now, Stark's attention to detail translates to the consumer market with a woodshop-themed pop-up shop in Nolita, open throughout February. Whimsical, funny, and clever, the 75 items for sale in the Haus Interiors space on Elizabeth Street range from useful (embroidered linen napkins, pocket pouches) to purely decorative (knitted facsimiles of axes and paint cans, an oversized pipe in a glass bell jar). Click through the slideshow for our sneak preview and chat with David Stark.
@current / @total
- I wish I could see this cool new pop-up shop in person, but alas, it's in Manhattan and only until October 31.
- I'm not sure whether “pop-up” is just a buzz word or a new trend, but the "pop-up" label has been slapped on sorts of events and venues across the British capital during London…
- While the United States is leaps and bounds behind Europe when it comes to publicly funding the arts and design, the city of Denver and Yes Please More are doing their best to encourage creative…
- Earth Day has come and gone, but the celebration continues in New York. Sustainability is here to stay. And so is good design. And shopping. And home supplies.
- One of the perks of being a Dwell editor are the various fun surprises that appear in the mail—newly published books, the occasional small product, even the random staple gun (yes, really).
Join us for a Dwell curated pop-up shop at Palm Spring's Raymond Lawrence. Featuring products from Vanessa Gade, Poketo, Woolly Pocket, Actual, BKR, Iacoli & McAllister, Touch, Rich Brilliant Willing, UM PROJECT, Stephanie Odegard, and Stubborn Stiles, be sure to stop by and take home a unique Modernism Week souvenir.
Ongoing, month of February Monday - Saturdays 10am - 6pm, Sundays 11am - 5pm
- On November 17th, I went to the launch party of a very exciting collaboration between two great shops, Los Angeles design destination OK Gallery and the tightly edited San Francisco menswear…
- Perhaps the most beloved prefix these days for events and design projects -- aside from 'eco-' of course -- is 'pop-up.' Where there used to be only pop-up books and greeting cards in the olden days…