Brook Farm General Store
If you've been longing for the timeless kitchen and home goods stocked on the shelves of Labour and Wait in East London but aren't in the UK (and thus can't have them shipped to you), Brook Farm General Store is for you. Based in Brooklyn, New York, the shop opened in June 2009 as a "modern, one-stop general store for our neighborhood," owners Philippa Content and Christopher Winterbourne say.
@current / @total
- We first discovered Fog Linen while covering two online shops we love, Brook Farm General Store and Horne, that carry their napkins.
- Provisions, a new online store launched by the minds behind Food52, brings artisanal, handmade design tools to your kitchen.
- Ancient wisdom has it that the hearth is the heart of the home, and these modern products are a baker's delight.
- In honor of the hexagon—the polygon du jour—we've collected five furniture pieces that will lend a geometric bent to your interiors.
- Humanscale's Sacha Burn details what to consider when buying body-conscious seating.
- In the October 2011 issue we're spotlighting all of our favorite American-made design.
- If you liked what you saw in my previous report on Lost & Found in Los Angeles, then check out this slideshow: a roundup of owner Jamie Rosenthal's favorite items in the shop, along with her…
- No Soup for You, the marble rye, Junior Mints in the operating theater, Kenny Roger's chicken, Mackinaw peaches, the big salad.