Brook Farm General Store
If you've been longing for the timeless kitchen and home goods stocked on the shelves of Labour and Wait in East London but aren't in the UK (and thus can't have them shipped to you), Brook Farm General Store is for you. Based in Brooklyn, New York, the shop opened in June 2009 as a "modern, one-stop general store for our neighborhood," owners Philippa Content and Christopher Winterbourne say.
Showing image @current of @total
- We first discovered Fog Linen while covering two online shops we love, Brook Farm General Store and Horne, that carry their napkins.
- Provisions, a new online store launched by the minds behind Food52, brings artisanal, handmade design tools to your kitchen.
- In the October 2011 issue we're spotlighting all of our favorite American-made design.
- If you liked what you saw in my previous report on Lost & Found in Los Angeles, then check out this slideshow: a roundup of owner Jamie Rosenthal's favorite items in the shop, along with her…
- No Soup for You, the marble rye, Junior Mints in the operating theater, Kenny Roger's chicken, Mackinaw peaches, the big salad.
- One of the most interesting furniture companies I've come across lately is Fin Art Co. based in Denver, Colorado.
- Five years after Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans still houses to up to 70,000 vacant lots. Two years ago, however, the city put a plan into place to help residents revive their neighborhoods.
- Too much time has passed since we last checked in with mid-century furniture aficianado Sam Kaufman, whose diminutive gallery on Beverly Boulevard is always stocked with the most wonderful…