5 Must-Visit Modern Design Shops
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Design enthusiast and Alvar Aalto expert Juhani Lemmetti has transitioned his love of vintage Finnish furniture into a thriving furniture shop in Helsinki.
- Storied California ceramics company Bauer Pottery opens its first showroom in Tokyo, a mirror of the original in Los Angeles.
- From Paris to San Francisco, take a gander at six of our favorite retail shops with striking interiors.
- In our July/August 2014 issue, architect Andrew Moss walks us through the home he and his wife, electrical engineer Michelle Yanefski, built for their family in Pittsburgh's up-and-coming…
- At their Buenos Aires shop, a couple reissues classic Argentine designs—and moves the regional furniture design field forward, one “simple object” at a time.
- On a drizzly afternoon in Holland's capital city, I took to the streets, armed with a map, a copy of a great little guide book, Amsterdam Made by Hand, and absolutely no problem getting lost along my…
A bellwether in America’s shift in taste toward modern design, potter and artist Russel Wright’s 1937 American Modern line of dishes and tableware has all the clean, expressive warmth you’d want on the dining table. And yes, that even goes for the creamer.