A Scandinavian-Inspired Modern Kitchen
To celebrate the launch of American Standard's DXV line, designer Susan Serra creates a modern kitchen inspired by Nordic crafts and contemporary furniture. “Scandinavian design is my personal aesthetic favorite,” Serra says. "I wanted the mood to be one of comfort, of casual living, and of beauty."
@current / @total
- When residents Gino and Paetra Serra decided to renovate their 1933 Italianate foursquare-plan home in Kansas City, Missouri, to accommodate their growing family, they made sure that in addition to…
- Confronted with an historic loft in New York's SoHo district in need of an update, architects Bronwyn Breitner and Luigi Ciaccia executed a gut renovation to introduce more natural light throughout…
- In the jungles of Maui, artist and builder Tom Sewell has built his own oasis.
- "A kitchen provides physical and spiritual nourishment, and for many homes it is the heart and soul of family life," writes celebrated tastemaker Sir Terence Conran in Kitchen Book.
- In the Windy City, a custom walnut slide offers a playful way for a small family of four to glide down to the basement.
- Though diminutive in size, a Slovenia apartment renovation represents a dramatic results.
- On Puget Sound, activist and filmmaker Anna Hoover collaborated with Les Eerkes, a principal at Olson Kundig Architects, on a 693-square-foot studio in the woods.
- In August 2010, Kristi Reimers opened the doors of her shop Eco Carmel to fulfill a dream of starting her own businesses and also to make a difference to her Carmel, California, community and to the…