A Look Back at Lina Bo Bardi
- Architect Lina Bo Bardi, born Achillina Bo in Rome in 1914, made an indelible mark on mid-century Brazilian architecture and design after emigrating there following the destruction of her office in…
- Brazil didn't make into the World Cup finals, but we still love the country's architecture and design.
- From Luis Barragán's Mexico City residence to the Alvar Aalto House in Helsinki, we share ten architects' dwellings that are now museums.
- From Breuer's dorm furniture to a forgotten mid-century airport in Newfoundland, we draw from the Dwell archives of oldie but goodie design content.
The Largest Latin American Design Festival
- Take a visual tour of Subtilitas, "a collection of images, moments, ideas, and spaces that inspire, inform, agitate, and influence a Los Angeles–based architectural designer."
- In our October issue (on newsstands September 10), we venture into a house in São Paulo, Brazil that architect Isay Weinfeld designed for a family of six to offer a peace refuge from the busy…
- To call São Paulo—the largest city in Brazil and one of the largest in the world—overwhelming is an understatement.