Geigy's Graphic Design
- I alluded to it in an earlier post, but one of the highlights of my first day in Zurich was a tour through the exhibit Good Design, Good Business- Swiss Graphic Design and Advertising by Geigy,…
- I got into Zurich around 9:00 AM on Sunday, rather wiped out from my flight from San Francisco via Newark.
- For their part in the citywide "Pacific Standard Time" exhibition, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) has just opened “California Design 1930–1965: Living in a Modern…
- From Bauhaus to the latest automobile designs, a great amount of industrial design and modernism originated in Germany and continues to inspire on a global scale.
- If movie posters are essentially advertisements to get you into the theater, the Hollywood versions splashed with matinee-idol close-ups and 100-point typefaces, then the moody, highly graphic design…
- Last week, we declared our love for TypeToy, an online reference library of all things vintage design and typography, but who's the mastermind behind it all? Why, Aaron Eiland, that's who.
- Today's Photographer Promotional Piece We Love and Why: Pamela Littky
- Last week painter and illustrator Maira Kalman was in San Francisco to kick off the Contemporary Jewish Museum's run of her new show Maira Kalman: Various Illuminations (Of a Crazy World).