Design Classic: Jens Risom Collection
- “Good design is something that pleases the eye,” says Jens Risom.
- A look at Eero Saarinen's Womb chair, an icon of midcentury modern design.
- Danish designer Jens Risom, who designed the first-ever Knoll chair, collaborated with DWR to offer their Jens Risom Collection. Here's a few of our favorite pieces.
- Many a modern-design enthusiast can spot a Cesca side chair and say it was designed by Marcel Breuer. But, were it upholstered in Digit fabric, few could name the textile designer.
- Designer Jens Risom returns to his 1967 prefab off the coast of Rhode Island, readying it for his family's next generation.
- Driven by the death of several appliances, a San Francisco family finds that a spanking new kitchen delivers a good dose of domestic harmony along with the excuse to execute a complete home makeover.
- Jens Risom is enjoying his place in the canon of mid-century furniture designers while also distinguishing himself as a great contemporary designer.
- A look at the history of Harry Bertoia's iconic steel wire seating collection from 1951, and a few Dwell homes that showcase the chairs to their best advantage.