7 Historic Architectural Projects
- In 50 years, more than 176 million fans have entered the turnstiles at Dodger Stadium, the mid-century modern ballpark nestled in Los Angeles’s Chavez Ravine.
- We showcase a timeline of nine prefab architecture projects from the 20th century.
- A look back at the iconic modernist buildings designed by legendary Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer.
- From Breuer's dorm furniture to a forgotten mid-century airport in Newfoundland, we draw from the Dwell archives of oldie but goodie design content.
- A pedigreed mid-century home tailor-made for its inhabitants and environs joins the Spokane Register of Historic Places.
- In the 1950s, Canada’s Department of Transport commissioned a modernist makeover for a tiny international air hub in Newfoundland, a design that has proven as timeless as it was trendsetting.
- Happy birthday, Lina Bo Bardi! The influential modernist architect would have turned 99 this week, so we celebrate her anniversary with a look at Yale University Press's new monograph of her work.
- Constructed in 1961, Richard Meier’s first residential project is a nascent example of the modern prefab typology.